Melbourne city and the inner suburbs are based on a north/south, east/west grid system. This makes it easy to get around and hard to get lost. Trams run directly north/ south from Melbourne’s Central Business District (CBD) towards Carlton, Fitzroy and Brunswick, on three main lines that interconnect with trains and buses to access other Melbourne suburbs. All Flexi Stayz properties are strategically located within a short walk of this infrastructure; allowing easy access to all that Melbourne has to offer.
The prestigious and highly sought after leafy suburbs of Carlton and Fitzroy border the City of Melbourne. Brunswick is situated within four to five kilometers north of Melbourne’s CBD, in the heart of the cosmopolitan district, with quick and easy access to the City and surrounding suburbs. Experience these dynamic environments where the sensual sights, sounds and smells of a culturally diverse city, make for a memorable Melbourne stay.
Shopping & Dining:
Melbourne is a Mecca for shopping and dining enthusiasts. In addition to the vast array of inner City shopping opportunities, which include the iconic Victoria Market, Southbank and diverse cultural activities, there are six major shopping and restaurant precincts within minutes of each property. These feature the dynamic cultures of dozens of countries and include:
- Sydney Road shopping strip. This is the longest food and fashion shopping and dining precinct in Melbourne. It includes the fashionable Barkley Square
- Lygon Street, with its chic fashion shops and popular café latté scene offers an array of dining adventures from pizza to fine dining in a predominantly Italian district and in walking distance to the City
- Nicholson and Rathdowne Street shopping strips are interesting environments with a village atmosphere offering a great array of eating adventures
- Brunswick Street has a great span of interesting funky retro shops in a bohemian setting
- Johnson Street is the well known Latin quarter
A little further out, the east/west shopping centres of Puckle Street, Moonee Ponds and Northcote Plaza can be easily accessed by bus.