32 Grattan Street Carlton
This property is most ideally located on the corner of Drummond Street. A tree lined boulevard, which is mostly preserved of its 19th century architectural heritage. Nestled in the middle of Melbourne’s iconic and irresistible Italian precinct of Lygon Street, with its excess and diversity of restaurants, cafes, bars and gelatarias. A hundred meters from our very own Italian town square and open-air cinema.
On the opposite corner of this block is beautiful Rathdowne Street. Here you will be standing directly opposite the famous Carlton Gardens. Home to the Melbourne Museum and the old Royal Melbourne Exhibition buildings.
The home itself is a fine example of the Victorian era. Its wrought iron terraced balconies and front fence are a dazzling display of the era’s workmanship. 32 Grattan Street is set on splendid bluestone foundations, coloured with rich heritage tonings of antique white and Brunswick Green. Living here you will feel part of the city’s rich heritage. Walking the streets home at night, you can’t help but think of those that came before you and what life what must have been like then.
This property has most recently been refurbished. A fully equipped white two pack kitchen with black Caesar stone has been installed. Chic bathrooms with porcelain finish. A rear maubu timber deck provides a wonderful entertainment opportunity with BBQ facilities. The property caters for the disabled and provides onsite laundry facilities. Other luxuries include large plasma television and sound system in the lounge area. Common areas are serviced regularly. Individual rooms can be cleaned on a user pays basis.
32 Grattan Street accommodates up to 12 guests on a single room or double room basis. Communal kitchen, dining, lounge and outdoor BBQ area all provide ample opportunities for new arrivals to meet, socialise and form new friendships with other guests who incidentally find themselves all alone and far from home too.
Orientation – Melway map 43 J4:
32 Grattan St id situated on the very fringe of Melbourne’s Central Business District, in fact is only 600 meters away.
- 600 metres in a southerly direction, is the Central Business District with access to major tram, train and bus routes, significant shopping, restaurant, entertainment and cultural centres, major businesses, Universities and places of higher learning
- 100 metres form the heritage listed Royal Melbourne Exhibition
- 100 metres from beautiful Carlton Gardens
- 100 metres from Melbourne museum and I-Max theatre
- 200 metres from Carlton’s art house Nova Cinema
- 600 metres from RMIT University
- 400 metres from Melbourne University
- 1.2 kilometres from St Vincents hospital
- 100 metres to Lygon Street restaurants
- 800 metres to Johnston Street Spanish precinct
- 1.2 kilometres to Brunswick Street bohemian night life
- 250 metres to Woolworths supermarket
- 1.3 kilometres to the iconic and cultural diverse, Queen Victoria Market, featuring fresh food, food court, fashion, novelty goods, in fact something for everyone.