1 Drummond Street Carlton
Flanked by Melbourne’s iconic and irresistible Italian precinct of Lygon Street, with its excess and diversity of restaurants, and the sophisticated and wide tree lined boulevard of Rathdowne Street, sits the equally attractive broad and leafy Drummond Street, also a boulevard in its own right, with what is probably, one of Melbourne’s finest examples, of elegant 19th century, double storey Victorian architecture.
A dazzling display of fine wrought iron lace work swathes the terraced balconies, porches and front garden fences in a flourish of colour and allure. Number 1 Drummond Street is one such property, set on splendid bluestone foundations, coloured with the rich heritage tonings of burgundy and Brunswick green, and with immediate views of the city skyline and access to everything a large city has to offer.
This property has high quality internal finishes including: a fully equipped kitchen with granite bench tops, chic bathrooms with porcelain finishes a courtyard entertaining area with BBQ and laundry facilities. Other luxuries include large plasma televisions and sound system in the lounge. All common areas are serviced regularly. Individual rooms cleaned on a user pays basis.
Number 1 Drummond Street accommodates up to twelve people on a single room or double room basis. Opportunities exist for those who wish to rent several rooms of a house. Communal kitchen, dining and lounge areas assist new arrivals, to Melbourne, to form friendships and networks.
Orientation – Melway map 1B M3:
1 Drummond Street Carlton is situated on the very edge of Melbourne’s Central Business District. It is the first residence on the northern boundary of the City of Melbourne and Carlton and:
- 50 metres in a southerly direction (across Victoria Street), is the start of the Central Business District with access to major tram, train and bus routes, significant shopping, restaurant, entertainment and cultural centres, major businesses, universities and places of higher learning
- 300 metres from the heritage listed Royal Exhibition Buildings and beautiful Carlton Gardens
- 400 metres from RMIT University
- 900 metres from St Vincent’s Hospital with the Eye and Ear Hospital a little further down on the opposite side of Victoria Street
- 1.5 kilometres from the University of Melbourne
- 1 kilometre from the iconic and culturally diverse, Queen Victoria Market featuring fresh food, and food court, fashion, novelty goods; something for everyone
2.2 kilometres heading north west along Flemington Road is the start of a wide range of major institutions starting with the Royal Dental Royal, Royal Melbourne Hospital, various medical divisions of the University of Melbourne, CSIRO and the Royal Children’s Hospital